During our regular business hours, American Animal Hospital’s medical staff and resources are available to help you with any emergency your pet experiences. Our veterinary hospital is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am until 7pm, and Saturdays 8am-2pm. If possible, please call (973)895-4999 in advance so we can prepare for your pet’s arrival.
When should you seek emergency veterinary care for your pet? It can be difficult to decide when emergency medical care is need, so the following are just some symptoms that would warrant an immediate trip to us, your veterinarian.
- Trouble Breathing, excessive panting/blue or purple tongue
- Abdominal swelling
- Electric shock
- Pale gums
- Excessive vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Blood loss
- Seizures lasting more than a minute or several seizures in a small amount of time
- Weakness or lethargy
- Trouble walking; unable to stand
- Unable to urinate or defecate
- Heat stroke/Hypothermia
If your pet experiences an emergency outside our normal business hours, we recommend the following emergency hospital:
AERA (973) 226-3282 Located at 1237 Bloomfield Ave, Fairfield, NJ 07004